Tooth extraction is removing a tooth from its socket in the jaw bone. If a tooth has been damaged by decay or broken, we will try to fix it with a filling, crown or other treatments if it is possible. However, sometimes there is just too much damage for the tooth to be restored and that is why dentist will need to extract the tooth.
Why might teeth need to be extracted?
- To remove unwanted wisdom teeth
- For orthodontic treatments (braces)
- Because the tooth is fractured and is not restorable
- Because the tooth is decayed , infected or abscessed and is not restorable
- Because the tooth is very loose due to gum disease
At Edgemont Dentist dental clinic we offer oral sedation for tooth extraction to make the experience as comfortable and relaxing as possible.
Do you suffer from fear and anxiety when going to the dentist?
Edgemont Dentist dental clinic offers many ways to help you have a more relaxed and enjoyable dental experience. One of these procedures is Oral conscious Sedation.
Oral conscious sedation is a way of sedating the patient while he/she remains conscious. Our dentists have taken special training so that they can treat you and help you feel comfortable in a safe way.
Oral sedation is perfect for patients who are:
- Anxious about seeing the dentist
- Have a fear of needles
- Have experienced previous dental trauma
- What are the benefits of oral sedation?
- Reduce the anxiety and fear of dental treatment
- Reduce the memory of the dental treatment to avoid the recall of trauma
- Allow for more dentistry to be completed in fewer dental appointments
- Reduce the sights and smells of the dentist office
- Allow for more advanced dental procedures to be completed in a shorter period of time