Dr. Mahsa Farshchi is General, Family, and Cosmetic Dentist
Edgemont Dentist dental clinic is a general dental clinic that offers a variety of dental services. That being said, Dr. Farshchi is a general dentist and family dentist. Not to mention, Dr. Farshchi loves to see and works with children. Not only, She diagnoses, treats, prevents, and controls dental problems, but also Dr. Farshchi always offers oral hygiene instruction and instruction on oral hygiene. Dr. Farshchi as a family dentist practices dentistry in her private practice close to Edgemont Village. During a routine exam of a patient’s teeth, gums, and surrounding tissue, Dr. Farshchi diagnoses disease, injury and decay and plans appropriate treatment. When necessary, Dr. Farshchi will restore, extract, and replace dead or decayed teeth. That being said general dentists may perform oral surgery, periodontal surgery and other treatments. Dentists at the Edgemont Dentist Dental Clinic also may perform orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics, endodontics, and prosthodontics.
Family dentists are your main dental care providers. Your family dentist helps you with:
- Evaluation of overall mouth health and conditions
- Diagnosis of dental conditions
- Treatment of the majority of teeth and mouth problems
- Maintenance of good oral health
- Prevention of tooth decay and mouth disorders
- Referral to dental specialists if needed
Treatments that we provides includes:
- Dental and oral examinations
- Restorative dentistry ( fillings)
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Dental crowns, dental bridges, and veneers
- Dental implants
- Teeth cleaning
- Teeth whitening
- Gum disease prevention and treatment
- Root canals
- Tooth extraction
- Mouth guards for sport protection or sleeping
- Dental sealants
- Botox injections
Regular dental exams are vital to prevent and maintain healthy teeth and a healthy mouth. Routine examination of the teeth and other oral tissues is recommended ideally every 6 -9 months . This may include dental X-rays when needed.
What does a dental examination include ?
A typical dental exam includes:
- Examining the mouth for tooth decay
- Examining the mouth for problems like broken teeth, missing teeth, abscessed teeth, and other teeth related problems
- Examining the mouth for gum related problems
- Examining the mouth for signs of teeth grinding
- Oral cancer pre screening
- Head and neck exam
- Examining TMJ (tempromandibular joint)
- Diet and nutritional counseling that affects teeth
- Dental X-rays may be taken to look for tooth decay , bone level, gum disease ( periodontitis) and other potential problems.
- We also use Intraoral Cameras that can take pictures of your mouth without radiation. The camera can show you some of the problem areas like tooth cavities.
Our initial comprehensive dental examination is completed within an hour,and our dentist will take the time to discuss all the findings with you in detail. Call us today to book an appointment.
TOOTH COLOURED FILLINGS
A big part of a beautiful smile is having healthy gums. Gums are the supporting structure of your teeth. It is important to know that gum disease will also affect your teeth. It is crucial that you keep your gums free from bacteria, plaque, and other diseases. This is why flossing and brushing your teeth daily is so important.
You should consider getting advice from your dentist regarding gum disease treatment if you have:
- Bleeding Gums
- Red and swollen gums
- Pain in your gums
- Discoloured gums