What is Teeth Cleaning
A healthy mouth is a sign of a healthy body. Good oral and dental hygiene is the biggest key to prevent tooth and gum problems.
Teeth cleaning is a part of oral hygiene involving the removal of dental plaque and calculus (tartar) from teeth for preventing cavities (dental caries),bad breath , gingivitis and periodontal disease.
Most dentists recommend teeth to be cleaned professionally every six months. More frequent cleaning and examination may be necessary during treatment of dental and other oral disorders.
If you are suffering from the following, you need your teeth cleaned:
- Bad breath
- Bleeding Gum
- Red and swollen Gum
- Gum diseases (gingivitis)
What does dental cleaning include?
A basic teeth cleaning can include:
- Review of overall mouth health
- Teeth cleaning including tartar and plaque removal
- Teeth polishing and stain removal
- Fluoride application
- Dental exam including checking your teeth, gums, and other parts of your mouth
- Head and neck exam
- Oral cancer pre screening
- Application of tooth sealant if needed
- Evaluation of gums and bite pattern
- X-rays to detect teeth decay or other dental problems
- Dental hygiene education
- Tooth brushing and flossing technique instructions
- Diet and nutritional counseling that affects teeth
We use the latest techniques and equipments available to give you a pleasant experience during your dental cleaning.